- Life at Tech
- Transfer Selection Process
- Transfer Application Process
- Transfer Credit Information
- Transfer FAQ
- Partnership Programs
- Programs for High Schoolers
- Check Application Status
- Find Your Counselor
- Costs, Aid & Scholarships
- Tech Stories
- Get More Info
Transfer Selection Process
Applicants must meet or exceed the following criteria by the document deadline for the term of application to be competitive for transfer admission consideration.
- Minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours completed in-class and transferable to Georgia Tech.
- Successful completion of course requirements for the prospective major by the document deadline as listed on the Course Requirements by Major chart.
- Competitive overall cumulative GPA and math and science GPA calculations.
Transferable Credit Hours
- Must be complete by the document deadline of the application term and include the course requirements for the prospective major.
- Advanced Placement (AP) or other credit by examination may fulfill specific course requirements, but in-class credits must reach or exceed the 30 semester/45 quarter hour requirement.
- Dual Enrollment credit may satisfy in-class credits but students must complete 30 hours post-high school graduation date.
- Credit by exam must be articulated on the college transcript with course number and credit hours. Review Transfer Credit Information for details regarding the transfer of credit from accredited institutions.
Course Requirements by Major
- Coursework must be equivalent to Georgia Tech courses as described on the Course Requirements by Major chart and listed on the Transfer Equivalencies website.
- Course requirements by major may not be taken at Georgia Tech.
- The cumulative GPA includes all courses taken at all colleges and/or universities attended.
- The math and science GPA includes a combination of mathematics courses at the calculus level and higher, along with natural science courses including both lecture and laboratory components.
- Repeat course grades where a "C" grade or better has already been earned are not included. Repeat course grades due to withdrawal or failing grades are included within GPA calculations.
Read Georgia Tech's Transfer Admission Policy.