- Life at Tech
- Transfer Selection Process
- Transfer Application Process
- Transfer Credit Information
- Transfer FAQ
- Partnership Programs
- Programs for High Schoolers
- Check Application Status
- Find Your Counselor
- Costs, Aid & Scholarships
- Tech Stories
- Get More Info
Transfer Selection Process
Transfer admission is based on a competitive, holistic and comparative process. Applicants are evaluated in context of the overall applicant pool, as well as by individual academic major, for the term of application. To be competitive for transfer admission consideration, applicants must meet or exceed the following criteria by the document deadline for the term of application.
- A minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours that are transferable to Georgia Tech.
- Successful completion of all required courses on the Course Requirements by Major chart for the prospective major.
- All applicants must be in good standing during the last term of enrollment at their prior institutions.
- GPA calculations include both your overall cumulative GPA and your math and science course GPA. The cumulative GPA includes all courses taken at all colleges and/or universities attended. The math/science GPA includes a combination of all mathematics courses at the calculus level and higher, along with all natural science courses including both lecture and laboratory components.
The average number of semester hours transfer students bring to Georgia Tech typically exceeds 50. It is important to note that the minimum number of transferable hours must include the specific required courses for the prospective major. Further, the minimum total of transferable hours must be from coursework successfully complete by the document deadline for the application term. Advanced Placement (AP) or other type of credits by examination may be used to fulfill specific course requirements, but in-class credits must reach or exceed the 30 semester/ 45 quarter hour requirement.
Review Transfer Credit Information for details regarding the transfer of credit from accredited institutions. All credit by way of exam must be articulated on the college transcript.
All required courses must be successfully completed at another institution by the document deadline before an admission decision can be made. These courses must be equivalent to the corresponding Georgia Tech courses as described on the Course Requirements by Major chart and the Transfer Equivalencies website. Select the location and name of the school from which you are transferring, and then the course subject(s) you have taken.
*Required courses may not be taken at Georgia Tech, as they are pre-requisites for admission consideration.
Read Georgia Tech's Transfer Admission Policy.