- Life at Tech
- Transfer Selection Process
- Transfer Application Process
- Transfer Credit Information
- Transfer FAQ
- Partnership Programs
- Programs for High Schoolers
- Check Application Status
- Find Your Counselor
- Costs, Aid & Scholarships
- Tech Stories
- Get More Info
Transfer Selection Process
Applicants must meet or exceed the following criteria by the document deadline for the term of application to be competitive for transfer admission consideration.
- Minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours completed in-class and transferable to Georgia Tech.
- Successful completion of course requirements for the prospective major as listed on the Course Requirements by Major chart.
- Competitive overall cumulative GPA and math and science GPA calculations.
- Applicants must be in good standing during the last term of enrollment at their prior institutions.
- The average number of semester hours admitted students bring to Georgia Tech exceeds 50.
- The minimum number of transferable hours must be complete by the document deadline of the application term and include the course requirements for the prospective major.
- Advanced Placement (AP) or other credit by examination may fulfill specific course requirements, but in-class credits must reach or exceed the 30 semester/45 quarter hour requirement.
- Dual Enrollment credit may satisfy in-class credits but students must complete 30 hours post-high school graduation date.
- Credit by exam must be articulated on the college transcript. Review Transfer Credit Information for details regarding the transfer of credit from accredited institutions.
Course Requirements by Major
- Courses must be equivalent to Georgia Tech courses as described on the Course Requirements by Major chart and the Transfer Equivalencies website.
- Course requirements by major may not be taken at Georgia Tech. This coursework must be complete prior to the document deadline of the application term.
- The cumulative GPA includes all courses taken at all colleges and/or universities attended.
- The math/science GPA includes a combination of mathematics courses at the calculus level and higher, along with natural science courses including both lecture and laboratory components.
- Repeat course grades where a "C" grade or better has already been earned are not included. Repeat course grades due to withdrawal or failing grades are included within GPA calculations.
Read Georgia Tech's Transfer Admission Policy.